Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary Campground
Turn your camping experience into a learning adventure that’s fun for both avid birders and families alike at one of North America’s only campgrounds located in the heart of a bird sanctuary. Established in 1961, the nature reserve features 69 campsites and five group campgrounds, including the recent additon of 10 50 amp serviced campsites, a Visitor Interpretive Centre with displays and themed merchandise, 8 kilometers of self-guided hiking trails and, of course, abundant wildlife with over 150 different bird species. The Sanctuary’s Morrison Island offers some of the best carp fishing in the world with anglers coming in on chartered excursions from around the globe.
Dates of Operation:
Click here to view the dates of Operation
Please see each location for the scheduled programming activities, which may differ at each campground.
- Seasonal Camping
- 10 Recreational Vehicle Sites (with water and 50 amps electricity)
- 9 Premium Waterfront sites
- 37 Recreational Vehicle sites (30 amp and water)
- 19 Regular Sites (no services)
- 4 Group Camping areas (no services)
- Trailer Dumping Station
- Retail Store/Registration
- Boat Launch
- Visitor Center
- Gift Shop
- Outdoor Picnic Area
- Bicycle Racks
- Winter Camping
- Self-Guided Trails
- Interpretive Programs
- Fishing - Excellent carp fishing location at the end of Morrison Island
- Cycling on the Waterfront Trail (Bicycle rentals available)
- Upper Canada Bird Migratory Sanctuary
- Friends of the Sanctuary
Click here for a list of beaches that are currently posted. Each posting has a description of the beach water quality which helps determine whether specific locations are suitable for swimming.
- Only minutes from Upper Canada Village
- Only minutes from Upper Canada Golf Course
- Only minutes from Crysler Park Marina
- Nearby shopping in Cornwall and Morrisburg
Click here for a summary of the Parks Rules. For a complete description, please refer to St. Lawrence Parks Commission (SLPC) Act.
Be tick smart this summer. Please click here for more information.
5591/5781 Morrisons Road, Ingleside, Ontario K0C 1M0
14 km east of Morrisburg and 25 km west of Cornwall, Ontario
Exits 758 and 770 on Highway 401